Friday, September 3, 2010

Embarassing Tweets

I work helping abused and neglected kids and because somewhat urgent things arise with them, I end up taking calls at odd hours.  I usually let the person on the other line know that they might hear my two year old in the background.  I, after all, feel compelled to uphold some semblance of decorum in my own family life when I'm dealing with people that (1) have the ability to recommend that your child be taken from your custody, or (2) have had their child removed from their custody, or (3) have a foster child in their home.  It just makes good sense.

Last night I was on the phone with a lady that has custody of a child that was neglected by his mother.  I was riding home from Sears after spending THREE hours picking out and purchasing a new refrigerator . . . with Susie in tow . . . waaaaaay past her bed time. I kept hoping that Susie would fall asleep  before we returned home.  We pulled up to my house and I began getting her out of her car seat and not only was Susie not asleep, she started talking about her daddy being home.  The lady on the other end of the call mentioned that she could hear what Susie was saying and remarked how cute she sounded.  Then . . . *drum roll please* . . . Susie said as clear and as loud as I've ever heard her speak, "Daddy at home.  Daddy naked inside. Daddy NAKED right THERE!" 

..... Ummmm. 

                    .................Ummmmmm.  How do you explain that? 

We laughed. 

For the record . . .  he was home and inside, but he was fully dressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment