Thursday, September 9, 2010

Bugs II

Susie has somewhat of a fascination with bugs.  Maybe because I scream hysterically when I see the filthy, disgusting creatures and her daddy treats them like they are his long lost friends, reincarnated.  She will walk right up to them (they are usually dead or dying, on their backs, feet maybe still waving in the air, trying one last time to try to right themselves and get away).  Many times when I have to go check on Susie in the middle of the night, it is because she is yelling (in her sleep) about some bug not doing something that she wanted it to do or getting too close to her.  When I go in her room, there are no bugs to be found, but she's usually not awake either.

****Just as a side note, let's be clear . . . there are NOT THAT many bugs that come in the house.  Believe me, if there were I would have taken care of the problem, or moved away from the problem, if necessary.  However, we do live in an old house, and some times bugs do find their way to come in and die in our home.*****

The other night, I was sitting on the couch winding down from my day and I heard Susie start yelling about some bug in her room preventing her from sleeping . . . I went to check on her and she pointed to a blanket on the floor, "under there!"  Now, I would squash a bug on the floor, but I'm certainly not going to pick up a blanket and risk the creature jumping out at me.  So, I rounded up her daddy.  He picked up the blanket, and it was not there.   So, Susie started yelling and pointing, "It went under the toy box!" "It went under the shelves!" *scream, scream* "Get the bug, daddy!!" "Under the toys, daddy!" All the while, her daddy was moving furniture and toys on the great hunt for the wayward bug.  I had to leave because I was laughing so hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment