Friday, November 19, 2010

What's that you said?

We were driving down the road the other day and I heard, "Shhhh - T.  Shhhhh - T.  Shhhhh - T" from the back seat.  I looked in the rear view mirror and asked my sweet little two year old what she was saying. 

Her response: "Mommy, I'm saying, 'Shhhhhh - T' just like Wrinkles when she gets mad." 

Me: "What?"
           
 . . . Because I'm confused.  Wrinkles is the family cat and I'm pretty sure I've heard everything she has to say and sh!t isn't in her vocabulary.   Certainly, I wouldn't blame her if she said it.  No, really.  We put plastic caps on her claws so she couldn't hurt Susie (see picture below).  So, on a fairly regular basis, the cat is subjected to a two year old, who alternately loves on her with such strength she is left gasping for air, or swats at her while declaring, "Susie smack Wrinkles.  Smack. Smack."  Trust me, I'd have a few choice words if I were the cat. 

Susie: "When Wrinkles gets mad, Mommy, she makes that noise."

Oh! Hissssss. Hissssss. 


***** The cable guy asked if she had been in a fire.  Nope.  She is a sphinx that grew fur in random places.*****

No comments:

Post a Comment