Monday, January 10, 2011

Foster kids

There are four things that I must preface this quote with.  First, I work with foster kids.  Sometimes I work from home with Susie playing somewhere nearby.  Sometimes, I even take her with me when I visit with foster kids.  Second, my parents watch Susie when I have to GO to work, and they live near a baseball field.  When we pass it, Susie and I always talk about the boys that are out playing.  Third, whenever Susie notices something leaving or missing, she almost always explains that it is going home to its mommy.  Four, I will often tell Susie that I sure did get lucky that God gave me such a great kid.

The other day, Susie and I were driving past the baseball field and the boys were not there.  Susie commented on their absence, so I asked if they went home to see their mommy.  She was quiet for a moment, and then said, "No.  God didn't give them mommies and daddies to take care of them.  They are foster kids." 

A sure sign that she is able to combine concepts. . . and that hears me talking about work TOO MUCH!

No comments:

Post a Comment